Beginners Comedy Workshop – Getting Started in Comedy
Embark on the journey with me as I take you through basic concepts of standup comedy, and prepare you for the stage.
These 5 weeks will cover:
- The importance of presenting yourself in the best light in front of an audience: the look, the way you speak, the material you prepare
- Creating the material that best suits the truest you.
- Using how you think and feel as a guide to writing your material
- Preparation is key. Not just writing but becoming well versed in topics
- What is Improv: Does it help or hurt me to be good at Improv?
- What does it take to become funny
- Social Media and its effect on what’s funny. How to on Social Media
- How to create the “joke”